All products featured on Domestic Gourmet are independently selected. I may earn an affiliate commission when you buy through links on this site.
This rich, creamy omelette made with smoked salmon, homemade yogurt, and garden-fresh chives is a luscious start to any morning. For more heartiness, I recommend pairing it with a fresh slice of sourdough.
Smoked Salmon Omelette
- 3 Large organic eggs
- 2 tbsp organic heavy cream
- ½ tbsp fresh chives Note: Save some for garnishing
- 3 turns fresh cracked pepper Note: If you don't have a peppermill, use a pinch
- ½ tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbs homemade plain yogurt Note: If you don't have homemade, plain Greek yogurt will do
- 3 slices smoked salmon Roughly 2-3 oz, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, cream, pepper, and chives.
- In a 10 or 12-inch non-stick skillet, heat butter over medium heat.
- Pour the egg mixture into the heated skillet and add the smoked salmon, spacing it evenly throughout. Add a few dollops of yogurt on one side of your omelette, it will evenly disperse when you fold it over.
- Cover with a lid and cook low and slow over medium heat until the underside is set and the omelette is appearing to be cooked half-way through.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in half and cover for another minute. You want your omelette to be soft and not brown or have crispy edges. The goal is creamy.
- Once your omelette has finished cooking, slide onto a plate and garnish with more chives, another dollop of yogurt and smoked salmon.