All products featured on Domestic Gourmet are independently selected. I may earn an affiliate commission when you buy through links on this site.
Whenever I have more peaches than my family can consume, I make peach purée to serve as the base for the Balsamic Peach Glaze, Laden Bellinis, and Peach Sangria. You can also freeze fresh peach purée using ice cube trays to add to smoothies or frozen peach lemonade, perfect for a hot summer day!
Fresh Peach Purée
- Cube peeled peaches and place in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add sugar, lemon juice and stir for a minute to coat peaches evenly and allow them to release their juice.
- Add water and bring to a boil and boil until tender. Approximately 5-10 minutes, depending on the size of your cubes.
- Once tender, purée with an immersion blender and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and let cool to room temperature. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze using ice cube trays and store in a freezer bag for up to 6 months.
Did you make this recipe?