All products featured on Domestic Gourmet are independently selected. I may earn an affiliate commission when you buy through links on this site.
If you have gorgonzola and 10 minutes, make this cream sauce and dress up everything you can! Grilling steaks? Make this. Making pasta, gnocchi or ravioli? Make this. Dip your frites in it even.
This finishing sauce is a perfect way to dazzle dinner party guests or turn a run-of-the-mill, on-rotation meal into something special without much fuss.
A Luscious Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
- Roll the basil leaves tightly on a cutting board and cut them into thin strips with a sharp chef's knife. Set aside.
- Using a kitchen scale, weigh out 4oz of gorgonzola. Set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add heavy cream and bring to a boil, approximately 2-3 minutes. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon, so it doesn't boil over.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium. Add gorgonzola cheese and fresh-cracked black pepper. Whisk until well blended.
- Simmer until thickened, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- You will know that the sauce is ready once you run the spoon down the middle of the pan and "split" the sauce.
- Another way to check the doneness of the sauce is to coat the wooden spoon with the sauce and run your finger down the spoon to see if the sauce will separate.
- Add the chopped basil, stir, and remove from the heat.
Did you make this recipe?