All products featured on Domestic Gourmet are independently selected. I may earn an affiliate commission when you buy through links on this site.
Only 3 ingredients that’s all you need to make a quick puff pastry to envelop your sweet fillings, chicken, or beef. It takes a few minutes to whip together using a food processor. Let it rest an hour in the fridge, and it is good to go!
3 Ingredient Puff Pastry
- Cube cold butter into tablespoon sizes. You should have 20 pats of butter.
- In a food processor, add flour and ½ stick of butter (4 cubes) and pulse a half-dozen times.
- Add the rest of the butter, spread evenly across the top of the flour and butter mixture in the food processor, and process for 5 seconds.
- Add in the cold water and process until a rough dough ball forms, almost clearing the sides of the food processor. Expect some smeared butter as it has softened during processing.
- Remove dough from the food processor onto a long piece of floured parchment paper. Roll the dough into a sheet with a floured rolling pin—approximately ¼" in thickness.
- Lightly flour the top of the puff pastry dough and cover with another piece of parchment paper.
- With one piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the puff pastry dough and one piece on top, fold the dough into thirds (like a letter before putting it into an envelope).
- Cover with plastic wrap, so the dough doesn't dry out, and place inside the refrigerator to rest for approximately 1 hour. At this point, you can freeze instead of refrigerating, keeping well for up to 6 months.
- Once the puff pastry dough has rested in the refrigerator, it is ready to use.
Did you make this recipe?